Full Moon Farm
We are a small farm in Jefferson County, north-central Florida. We produce honey, make beeswax candles, natural soaps and lotions, and provide pollination services for area farmers. We also produce free range eggs and breed AKC Airedale Terriers.
We’re pleased to have you stop by and see what we have to offer and hopefully learn a little about the amazing Honeybee. Our beekeeping adventure started with a couple of hives about 10 years ago as way to overcome our daughter’s fear of insects. As our collection of bees and equipment has grown, so has our passion for the amazing honeybee and the wonderful products they provide.
Our beekeeping philosophy is to maintain colonies as naturally as possible. We use essential oils and natural ingredients to help maintain hive health.
Our hives are registered and inspected annually by Florida's Department of Agriculture Division of Apiary inspection and our honey packaging facility is inspected by Florida's Dept of Agriculture Division of Food Safety.
Full Moon Farm 2014 Essay Contest
- Topic: "Why Honey Bees are Essential to Agriculture".
- Contest open to ages 14-16
- Entries must be received by October 6th 2014
- Winning entry will receive a complete beekeeping kit including hive, tools, protective clothing and honeybees (value $350)
- Winning entry will be announced October 25, 1PM during the New leaf Market Small Farm Tour at Tupelos Bakery/Full Moon Farm Store 220 West Washington Street Monticello, Fl
2013 Beekeeping Essay Contest Winner!
Laiken Kinsey, an 8th grade student at North Florida Christian submitted the winning entry to the Full Moon Farm
beekeeping essay contest. The subject this year “Queen for a Day: How you would improve your hive”.
Full Moon Farm owners Tony and Becky Hogg are proud to award Laiken a beehive with beekeeping equipment
and a scholarship to the Apalachee Beekeepers Introduction to Beekeeping course for spring 2014.